Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 7 – 3rd May 2010

10.15am swim today. Nice to have a lie in, but in truth I think I prefer an earlier start as there is less anticipation and less time to consider the madness of sea swimming!

Fiona, Midge and I swam the pier. It was calm, but raining (although only spitting really). Every now and then the sun came out and hit us, which was glorious.

I realised today that as a swimmer I am a really a Sunday driver and need to learn how to pick up the speed. I know that Bob & Fiona are swimmers of 20 years standing and Midge is a long distance athlete, but I have 15 years on Bob & Fiona! I swam hard and fast, but Fiona & Bob kept having to stop and wait for me; they should have brought a book with them to kill the time! Midge was not as quick as them, but boy she’s a good and strong swimmer and made me feel as if I was treading water. Hey ho!

No comments:

Post a Comment