Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 10 – 7th May 2010

After missing swimming yesterday I was nearly looking forward to today’s swim. Does that mean I’m getting hooked on it already?

I almost didn’t do it though as when I was walking to the arches I got really painful crones pains in my stomach, the crippling ones I get sometimes. It only lasted about 15 minutes but it was really breath taking and extremely energy sapping. However, I got myself together (after sitting on the floor under the pier in a ball for quarter of an hour- luckily no one saw me apart from a drunk who thought I was someone else – almost funny that!). Once I was in the sea a third around the pier I was back on form. I think today was my quickest yet and also I did the whole swim without stopping, not even for a second. I think it took about 26 minutes.

Temperature similar, maybe a little warmer at 7 degrees, but recovery after was a lot quicker; I only shivered for about 10 minutes and my crone’s pain was completely gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment