Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 5 – 30th April 2010

Day 5, can’t believe it’s a whole week now.

Yesterday the air was warm and the sea was calmer than a calm thing. What a difference a day makes!

Today the air temperature has dropped and the sea is very choppy. The tide was out which was a pain as it meant we had to walk in a distance to get into swimming depth. The waves were crashing over us and the tide dragging towards the Pier. The swim however, ever though very choppy and wavy, was very exciting. I think I actually enjoyed it as much, if not more than yesterday. I certainly took down more water, which was not nice, but the swim was exciting. The whole swim around the Pier (second time now, almost a regular!) took about 30 minutes; which was a lot quicker than yesterday.

What I should have done was follow Bob on the way back. He headed away from the pier at an angle, whilst I headed straight back. He ended up on the beach very nicely, I ended up in the shingle and cut both my legs (I look like I have been whipped on both my legs with lash marks) and I lost my brand new goggles – what an idiot! Tomorrow I shall be following the line!
Mind you how fast is he! Fiona is amazing, she swims at about 500 miles an hour; Bob follows at about 300 miles an hour and then there is me; Sunday driver doing about -1 mile an hour!

Hey ho; still I got around the Pier again, damaged and no goggles, but around it I went!

No comments:

Post a Comment