Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 46 – 30th June 2010

Fiona and I were going to swim Marina, Pier to Pier and back; but she texted me early to say she has twisted her ankle. The anticipation of the swim kept me fairly restless most of the night, which is something I really need to work on – it’s only a swim for goodness sake!

I had my Fusion at 5.30am and my porridge (proper oats this time) with banana at 6.00am. When I heard that Fiona couldn’t make it (6.18am) I was disappointed, but also relieved. It did annoy me that I was relieved we would not be doing the big swim; I should be mad for it by now!

Anyhow, without beating myself up further, I hit the sea at 6.40am, swam to the West Pier, then back to the Brighton Pier, then twice around the Pier and back to the beach. So a decent swim all in all; in fact my longest as a solo swim and also without my flippers. I got back to the Arches about 7.55am, so it took me about an hour and a quarter. It was very choppy out there; real slap in the face waves plus a lot of seaweed all around. Temperature was nice though, around 15c.

No comments:

Post a Comment