Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 17th – 15th May 2010 (Saturday)

Great night last night. For my birthday Mum paid for a night away for Sharon and me; much needed. 3 Kiddies divided between Tracey and Mum, so that was job done. We had a fantastic dinner and then stayed over at South Lodge. Sharon has gone off to do a wedding with John, Kids still with Mum & Tracey. So decided to join the weekend10.30s for a dip in the sea!

Bit breezy, but bright and the air warm. Just chatted to one of the weekday swimmers who had a friend with him. They’ve just been in. His friend, who said he swims every day in a pool, said he had to come back in after a couple of hundred yards as he couldn’t breathe because of the cold. Sounds like my first day; a lifetime ago.

Fiona met me at 11am and told me that Angus, Her and Me are swimming Pier to Pier! She didn’t tell me last night as she said she didn’t want to worry me! That was very daunting to hear as that is a lonnnnnng way.

The sea was relatively warm at 10 degrees; you could really notice it was warmer. It was however very tidal and the waves were being extremely busy!

It was the longest and hardest swim I have done. Getting to the West Pier was not too hard, but going back was really tough. When I got back to around the Brighton Centre I felt stuck. I didn’t seem to be moving forward. I had to swim outwards to beat the tide and that did the job. It was hard on the mind a few times, but I did it!

When we got back Angus was already showered and changed, of course. Fiona is great, she’s quicker than anyone, but just waits for me. What a lady she is.
Need to sort out eating and drinking as I’m just not bothering. I think if I had eaten and drunk something properly before the swim it would have been a lot easier on me.

Another milestone, another experience, another memorable day.

No comments:

Post a Comment