Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 24 – 24th May 2010

Twins up and down till about midnight and then Asher in our room from about 2am; so very tired this morning, really can’t be bothered! Hey ho, got to do it anyway, so in car, parked at beach. Beautiful day; 16 degrees in air and was 24 yesterday, so sea might be warmer? We shall see. Also swimming with Shep at 12.30 at Falmer today; double bubble.

Did my Pier swim in good time. Lost Bob as he went one way and me the other! It was probably the calmest it’s been, not even a ripple. I was surprised by how cold it was though. It’s definitely warmer than when I started, but despite the very warm air it was still surprisingly cold.

Now at work drinking hot coffee and waiting for 12.30 and my next swim!

Had solo lesson with Shep. Really good, learned so much. Breathed both sides for a change (not easy as I only ever breathe to my left) and went from 33 strokes per length to 28, that’s 5 strokes less per length. Really incredible how a simply change to my stroke can save so much energy! Keep the wrist limp going over, stretch out with each arm in a superman stance and then hard pull through the water. Need more one to one lessons urgently if I am ever going to be a swimmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment