Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 33 – 7th June 2010

No swimming this weekend as we moved from Hill Drive into Dyke Road as the Hill Drive build starts today. No swimming or running, but a ton of exercise with the move!

Sitting in the car at 6.45am, a little too early. An old Chinese man is running passed; I see him most mornings, he’s funny because he is normally dresses in long trousers and flowery shirt and does a sort of cross country ski movement. Fair go to him though as he looks to be in his 100’s and he runs every morning.

Kids all slept OK last night, but my chrones kept me awake, always something! So I’m a little tired today and can’t really be bothered, but I’m here so may as well swim. After an amazing weekend weather, it looks as though it’s about to chuck it down. The sea looks like a swell and moving towards the East; not rough, but certainly not calm. My stomach still hurting! I had a Sarah Worn pill thing and ate a kiddie’s pancake, better than nothing. Although really could do with some water (without salt and muck!). No more putting it off I guess!

It was very choppy out there, first impressions with the sea are generally wrong! I swam around the pier with Bob and Shoichi. We went to the buoy, then under and around as the tide was pulling. From the end of the pier to the helter skelter it seemed as if I wasn’t moving. Yoshi seemed to be so smooth with his swimming it made me feel clumsy.

There I was thinking of it as a battle when I spot Leo and old David swimming out past the pier carrying bamboo fishing rods! It’s all about perspective I guess! David is certainly the oldest in the club and he is out in the sea every day around the pier and so often with a fishing rod in tow; people are truly astonishing sometimes.

My tummy hurt throughout which was annoying and I think it drained me a little.

Tomorrow I aim to be a lot stronger!!

No comments:

Post a Comment