Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 2 – 27th April 2010

Day 2 and I came back; so Channel Swim here I come!

Blimey it was cold again; easily as cold as yesterday, if not colder. Fiona and I swam to the silver ball and back, which is maybe 25% along the Brighton Pier; seemed a long long way from the shore.

Whilst was extreme cold, the sea was very calm, not much movement at all. I got to the ball ok, but when I turned to come back it was really hard; I am not yet a swimmer! My goggles steamed up completely and I couldn’t see a thing. I got a bit panicky; which is a very new experience for me.

7.45am and sitting in car now, I am shaking a little, maybe a bit cold and a bit panicky still. I urgently need sea goggles rather than the pool goggles I had and I must learn to swim! The cold, whilst less than 7 degrees and making me shiver, is not a problem. My lack of experience to get out of a problem in the sea did unnerve me; I need to deal with that right now. Need to remain calm, anything else is not acceptable.

Two people swam twice around the pier, beach to beach to beach! How the hell do you do that, even once seems impossible today! The channel just got harder!

No comments:

Post a Comment