Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 6 – Saturday 1st May 2010

Meeting Mark and Fiona today, mid morning, my first meeting with Mark. He swam the channel in the 1980’s, a B.I.G guy.

The 3 kids are with Roger at Irit, so Sharon is with me to meet Mark and to take some photos of me swimming in my Speedos! Nice! Still really annoyed about goggles, have ordered new ones for delivery next week, but meanwhile have had to buy a cheap £6 pair! Hope they work!

We swam around the pier; it was extremely choppy, but I did it with relative ease. The £6 goggles were seemingly OK. I’ll still get some better ones, but these can stay in my bag as spares just in case.

After the swim Mark told me about the challenges I face and he explained the areas we need to work on with my swimming technique and my eating! However, he said my mental ability will get me through to a large extent and he felt that as I can clearly handle the cold and as I have come on so quickly in my first week that he thinks I can do it. Very nice to hear that.

No comments:

Post a Comment