Sunday 11 July 2010

Day 11 – 9th May 2010 (Sunday)

I decided to swim today as I missed Thursday; I must be hooked, I really must be. Cold again of course, but apparently 8.5 degrees, so slightly warmer, although feels the same to me.

I met someone called Tony or maybe Tom today? He swam the channel 2 years ago. He was on course for a fast one, but like Fiona he got a changing tide the other end and completed it eventually in 17 hrs. Amazing to think he could keep going that long. Fiona took 20 hours and swam almost 40 miles – she is a goddess!

Calm sea again today; I keep getting calm seas; maybe Dad is up there keeping the tap turned low for me; thanks mate?

Another first today, I did not use my swimming gloves. My hands were naturally cold at first, but I definitely prefer no gloves – they are now gone forever as far as I am concerned. It made the swim easier for me, but also it meant I could easily take of my flippers at the end and walk out the sea, instead of clumsily falling and crawling, tearing at my gloves and yanking my flippers in annoyance. Definitely no more gloves for me; I now enter the stage of gracefully leaving the sea James Bond style rather than Lee Evans style – yey!

Tomorrow after my morning swim, Shep and Fiona are coming to Seico to start my training plan. That’s a very exciting next step.

No comments:

Post a Comment