Thursday 5 August 2010

Day 53 - 13th July

Raining again, but not too hard. Sea warm and calmish with a fairly strong pull towards the marina.

Bob and I went at 7am and did 3 (yes three) laps of the Pier. Lap one we were together, lap two I was “way” ahead, lap three Bob overtook me and landed at the beach before me! It was good going and we pushed each other, which is very helpful. Fiona turned up for lap 3 and as usual sailed past me! Afterwards Fiona and I grabbed a coffee and planned some big swims; two 4 hour swims next week and then our trip to Dover on 1st August; that will be the big one for me

Two good things today :-
(1) Fiona gave me a good pep talk and that helped me feel more positive
(2) Bob agreed to be one of my team on the boat for the Channel.

All good I’d say.

No comments:

Post a Comment