Thursday 5 August 2010

Day 54 – 14th July 2010

Last night went to gym, did 21 mins on bike, 21 mins running and 21 lengths of pool - there’s a pattern forming here!

This morning the sea was messy! Waves smallish but coming from each direction and tides busy, so not easy to swim. Bob and I went just once around, to the buoys and back. Funny thing was the depth today - my goggles steamed up, so I stopped at the second buoy out and put my feet down and touched the bottom; very weird to be standing so far out and chatting!

Apparently tomorrow the forecast is for high winds and force 6 waves; that’ll be interesting.

Am trying to balance life at the moment; home life with the 3 little beauties (Asher aged 4 and Mia & Jesse aged 2), Sharon my gorgeous wife (trying to make sure she doesn’t suffer with me being out a lot), work (about to expand my company hugely – already 30 + staff as we speak and about to hit 20 years trading), Starr Trust (the charity we set up 2 years ago, which is growing by the day and helping children smile all over the world) and finally my mind desperate to get writing again (2 books and 2 plays part started and desperate to be finished), all this with an average 4 hours sleep a night and not enough food being consumed generally – oh and let’s not forget a little channel swim next year! The mind may not be as big as the ocean, but boy does it have waves of emotion and unpredictability!

Very fortunately I have amazing support with my family and friends and amazing pep talks from Fiona & Bob, my new fantastic BSC family.

No comments:

Post a Comment