Wednesday 18 August 2010

Day 75 – 18th August 2010


Usually I write my banal words after my morning swim; but today I decided to wait until the end of the day so I could think about all my training today. So it’s now 7.05pm and I’m ready to write!

Morning – The sea was gentler today than yesterday (thankfully), yet still a strong current and rather chilly; it seems autumn is definitely placing itself firmly in the month of August. Bob and I did about 80 minutes; round the buoys, beach to beach from the pier and round the buoys again. Bob of course kept at my pace, but I think he picked up the speed a little to challenge me (good on him). During the first circuit of the pier I was already dreading the rest of the exercise for the day and wondering if I could cancel Wendy or Mark, trying to work out which one would be more angry with me! Luckily the sea does not contain any phone boxes! All in all a decent swim.

After the swim it was off to work, running late for my first appointment as usual, but only 20 minutes (good for me!). Met with Micala and Mel (from the Trust) and Kevin from Sussex Community Foundation. We have selected the first 14 out the 21 charities we are supporting with the swim and Kevin is going to work with us in finding the “big one” in Brighton that we want to support. Very exciting! After this meeting I made it to the next meeting only 10 minutes late; getting better! The next meeting was also great; we agreed terms for our big office move for this year. We have out grown both our offices and it’s time for a big move; scary as it’s a huge financial commitment for me, but ultimately it must be done and it is all for the eventual growth of Seico, which is tern hugely benefits the Trust. Left work at 2 pm to meet Wendy at the Gym (fitting in training and work is a battle in itself!).

Afternoon – An hour at the Gym with Wendy; she’s great! We started the next phase of training with “plan 2”. Same cardio levels, but a lot more on arm and shoulder stuff and a lot more on core training. After my swim and dashing at work I was pleased that I still felt I gave it 100%. Wendy was most pleased; so that was good for me.

Late Afternoon – Wendy left the Gym at 3.30, just in time for me to meet Mark in the pool for an hour. Mark swam in the pool with me for the first time and as such really could get stuck in with training. It was simply fantastic. An hour with Mark seems to make so many changes (just need to remember them all). Arms need to go around not straight, hands need to be shut, wrists need to be limp, legs to kick from thigh not feet, breathing needs to be quick gulps and looking forward, head up more not so deep in the water! I think that was all for today!! But some really did stick in and now it’s a case or repeat repeat repeat!

Tomorrow just a sea swim as I’ve got a fantastic hour massage at the Treatment rooms courtesy of my gorgeous wife. Then Friday is a repeat of today; sea, gym and pool.

Not sure where the energy is coming from (certainly not the food – oops as usual on that), but feeling positive, happy, strong and ready for more challenges.

No comments:

Post a Comment