Thursday 5 August 2010

Day 59 – 21st July 2010

My right arm is really bad after yesterdays mammoth swim. It’s hard to lift up or to use at all.

I went to the beach this morning as I thought a short slow swim would stretch it out, but about 20 mins in told me I was wrong! Sea temperature was ok but rather choppy; mind you even a dead sea would have hurt!

When I came out I saw Fiona who told me off for swimming with this injury, sports people must rest an injury for a week. All of a sudden I’m a sportsman? Who knew!!

She told me to see her physio Kim who is trained in swimming injuries (apparently Fiona has had every injury), so hopefully will get to her this week. Booked in to see Kim tomorrow morning.

So no swimming until next week; bummer, really annoyed! But must start to listen to the people who know and not try to be clever.

This afternoon I met with Abbie and Tessa in London, they are friends of my friend Yael and hopefully they will be helping me document the swim; really nice girls and I hope that after listening to me they didn’t think me too crazy! Whenever I talk about the swim and all the projects in my life it always sounds so mad busy, but in truth it’s all just stuff that anyone can do and with all the support I get it’s not really that impressive, I hope I don’t come across too me me me!

No comments:

Post a Comment