Friday 27 August 2010

Day 81 – 26th August 2010


After a day of rest the sea had once again asserted itself! Certainly not as strong as Monday, but not a million miles off. A few of us went out with the intention of going around the pier, but it was only the brave and slightly mad Leo who made it around – a big well done there I think. Despite the waves Leo took my underwater camera with him and took some pics and video of us all in the sea; soon to be uploaded onto this blog I hope. The downside to the camera being there was the PFaxtor – that is the “posing factor”. “Rob, this way” Leo called to me across the thrashing sea. Turning around, with my back to the waves, I elegantly treaded water and got my greatest “look at me in the water” smile ready. “Watch out” was the next cry I heard from someone. Too late of course and the massive wave right behind me pulled me down and over and around and eventually ran away with my goggles – the fith pair I have now lost in 81 days – bother!!!

So goggleless and eyes full of salt water, I swam (limped) back to the shore looking forlorn and once more with another lesson learnt. The lesson being; even if someone has a camera and is going to make you a star, don’t turn your back on the flipping waves!

No comments:

Post a Comment