Tuesday 24 August 2010

Day 79 – 24th August 2010


Day 79, almost at day 80 of my swimming career. Before you know it I will be a seasoned swimmer and actually might know what I’m doing.

No Bob today, so I went on my own. Others were there; Crazy Leo, Damien, Paul, Saweechi (I usually refer to him as Yoshi as I find that easier to spell!), but I went on my own. The sea was way calmer than yesterday, however, that does not mean it was calm! It was still very choppy, but that just made it interesting and relatively safe.

However, the tide was probably stronger than yesterday. I went around the buoys and the pier, but coming under the pier into our beach area I felt like I was swimming to stand still. I tried to swim over to the donut at the far groin where I had left my flipflops, but ended up beaching just near the pier and having to walk back to get them. Also my flippers, which I thought I would use for extra speed, ended up being snapped in half by a huge wave that caught me as I was coming in.

I wonder what tomorrow will bring!!

No comments:

Post a Comment