Friday 13 August 2010

Day 66 – 4th August 2010

Another short swim today as I am in the Gym for 90 minutes this afternoon – every muscle I have is now starting to ache and creak; oh dear!

Even though I only did a 20 minute swim, it was still a great workout and lots of fun. I went at 6.45am and the only other person there was David who was heading out to fish (he may be in his senior years, but he remains hardcore nevertheless!). The sea was back to being busy, with decent size waves and a real pull to the East. I swam to the end of the Pier, which took about 10 minutes and then turned to head in (decided not to go around as time was limited today). As I go to the helter skelter the skies opened and we had a burst of heavy rain for about 4 minutes; the whole time I couldn’t even see in front of my face – huge fun. By the time I swam back in others were just about to go in and the sun was shining.

I saw Fiona and she told me that Angus completed his back to back at Dover (7 hr Saturday and 5 hr Sunday) with his arm in a cast and he is planning on doing his Channel swim still – amazing!

Also Bob is back from France (at last!); I have been getting a bit lazy in the sea since he went away, so now he is back I will feel pressured to make more of an effort; only a good thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment