Monday 16 August 2010

Day 73 – 16th August 2010


A good swim today; also my head is definitely more positive, although not quite as it needs to be – working on it though. My sister brought me the follow up book to my bible, The Secret. The follow up is called The Power and I will be starting it tonight. Watch out world here I come!!!

The sea today was definitely choppy, especially on our beach side; the head of the pier really held back the waves. Bob and I did twice around the pier and then went along to the groyn and back; exactly 59 minutes 55 seconds – we walked out slowly to make the full hour we wanted to do! It seems at the Trust launch party last week that Fiona and Kim spoke to Bob and “suggested” that we stay at my pace rather than his pace; Bob kindly obliged and we swam together the whole time. I do feel a tad silly about this as it seems like I’m being given a handicap (so to speak), but on the positive side it did mean that we swam at a more controlled pace rather than me chasing and thus swimming badly (hence the reason for this tactic I guess!). As for the temperature; the air felt chilly (very autumnal), however the sea was still a respectable 17 degrees. Leo was back from his trip to Iceland and we passed him relaxing by the end of the Pier, and David ventured under the pier for his fishing today; what a funny bunch we all are!

Tomorrow the plan is to do 1 hr 10 minutes, then 1 hr 20 minutes Wednesday and so on until the end of the week.

After my swim I went to Kim for my physio. As usual she beat me up, but not as badly as usual; must mean I’m getting better. She did of course lecture me on my eating (apparently a topic of conversation at the Trust launch between Mark, Fiona and Her) and all I can say to that is that she is 100% right and I wish I could deal with it! Step by step! (or stroke by stroke!!).

No comments:

Post a Comment