Thursday 31 March 2011

Day 221 - Thursday 31st March 2011

What a day; swim good, work stressed and about to go home to look after the 3 kids all alone because Sharon is out – all brain wants to do is switch off from the world of work, swimming and children and go back to what it is used to be fed with; writing! I haven’t written anything now since the Twins were born, almost 3 years ago and I miss it terribly. With so much on at the moment at work, home, the Starr Trust and swimming I simply don’t have the time or the brain capacity, but boy I wish I did as it is the only way I ever truly relax. Making up stories or music about circumstances and people you invent is truly escapism! Maybe when the swim is over and work hopefully on the right track again I will indulge!! Until then ...............

This morning the fog was thick enough to have to squint through the car windshield and the rain was annoying enough to get through my clothes and into my skin. The sea itself was rather busy, with a strong easterly pull and rather cumbersome waves; literally wave after wave trying to stop you getting past the shore. Mike and Little Bob braved it as usual, as did Bella, Martina, Charlotte, Big Bob and Moi; that was the full compliment today. If my goggles hadn’t kept steaming up I think I might have stayed in longer and played some more, but as it was I guess we were in for no more than maybe 15-20 minutes. The waves and thrashing sea certainly raised the temperature as it hit a scorching 7.6 degrees!! At that temperature, without the conditions, one could go around the pier safely!!

Tonight no gym or anything as I have the kiddies on my own, but tomorrow I’ll either do a sea swim or will braze a few hours in Falmer (which is what I should do of course!). Then it’s to the office for meetings until midday, then to Gatwick for a 1 pm meeting and then a drive all the way to Birmingham for a meeting early Saturday morning! Oh the joy of being me!! I wonder why I have bags under my eyes??

No comments:

Post a Comment