Monday 14 March 2011

Day 208 - Monday 14th March 2011

After a lovely weekend it was nice to be back to the sea for my Monday morning wake up.

It was a fairly quick (in terms of time, not speed!) swim this morning as Bob needed to dash off quickly and also I had a lot to get done at the office this morning. So we were in the sea by about 7.10am and out after about 15 minutes. The temperature was around 5.6 degrees and the sea very calm. Simon swam with us this morning (he is so blooming fast that he makes Bob look likes he’s not moving; forget me on that front!). We did our usual around the silver ball and back. For some reason it felt warmer that usual when I got in, but felt colder than usual when I got out; no reason why, it just did. In fact, 2 hours later I still have pins & needles in my fingers and I’m still a little shivery.

This week I’ve got a busy diary at work and also a few training sessions booked in (pool and gym), so no doubt by the weekend I’ll be tired again, but that’s days off yet so I’ve no need to worry about it now. The weekend just gone was great as we got some much needed sleep Friday night when the kids stayed out; we even managed to use the pool and steam room for the first time; fantastic. Also on Sunday we visited Chobham Rugby ground, they are supporting our Swim4Smiles Campaign. I did a little talk to thank them and then they introduced a fund raiser that they are having in April for us. Sharon and the kids came along and they presented the kids with Rugby shirts; the boys put theirs in their bags, but Mia put her straight on and kept it on until she went to bed that night; gorgeous! They also gave us some fund raising tins that they’ve had in the club house the last few months; therefore was almost £400 in them!! Astonishing! What great people they are to offer us such support.

Every day it seems more people surprise me with their generosity of thought and generosity of pocket. Despite all the bad and sad news in the world, such as the despicable action in Libya at the moment and the tragic conditions in Japan, there still remains an amazingness about the world that never fails to ignite both the passion and compassion in people.

No comments:

Post a Comment