Friday 18 March 2011

Day 211 - Thursday 17th March 2011

Two pools swims today; unexpected.

Did a 2 hr this morning at Esporta, Falmer before heading off to London meeting for 10am. Nothing to report on the swim apart from to say; it was what it was, a cold drizzly morning and therefore warmer in the outside pool than the outside itself.

After London I was back to Falmer for 3.30pm for a gym session, however, Ross had forgotten and gone home. So instead of the gym I went back to the pool. It wasn’t raining now and therefore, slightly warmer in the air, so certainly nicer. The plan was a 90 minute speed session. I started with 30 lengths slow warmup, followed by 20 x 50 meter sprints with 15 second rests, then followed by 3 x butterfly, back, breast, crawl combination, followed by 10 lengths 50 metre sprints with 10 second rests - it was at this point that the pain set in! I got serious cramp in my front left shin area! It came on suddenly and was agony. Nothing I could do would stop it. Impossible to carry on, so I limped inside and into the steam room.

10 minutes later the cramp stopped and I was ready to desteam as it was getting hot in there. As I was about to leave someone I knew came in and started talking to me. I felt it was rude to just leave, until 15 minutes later when I basically was so hot I thought I would collapse that I had to make excuses and leave. Lesson there is “steam room is not a place to catch up with long lost friends”!! Leave that to the bar!!

No comments:

Post a Comment