Tuesday 29 March 2011

Day 219 - Tuesday 29th March 2011

A very exhausting swim today; not because of distance but because of a very exhausting night! Asher still not well and with us all night and the Twins just visiting whenever the fancy took them. All in all I would hazard a guess that we had about an hours sleep.

I was therefore pleased with myself that I managed to drag myself out of the house by 6.45am and get down to the beach for my morning swim. Bob and I swam to the pier cafe, then back passed the donut on the groin to the other beach and then back to the pier. I was so tired that I swear I fell asleep a couple of times during the swim! How one can fall asleep whilst swimming in 6.5 degrees in a fairly choppy sea I have no idea, but sleep I did!!

The rest of the day is taken up with lots of meetings, the last being 5pm in Surrey. I’ll get back to Brighton around 7pm and will have to head straight to the Gym as I have an hour training with Ross and then an hour in the pool. I’ll be going solo tonight in the pool as Bob is busy and poor Fiona is rather unwell at the moment.

No doubt I shall be exhausted again tomorrow, but I will be back at Falmer 6.30am for a 4 hour pool swim- yipeeezzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz – oops fell asleep again.

On a good note, Sharon and I went to a Ball at Hurst College on Saturday night; a great night it was too. During dinner I was chatting to a really nice chap called Mark who was interested in my channel swimming. Hopefully without boring him too much I told him what and why I was doing it. The next morning when I logged into my website I saw a £500 donation from him on just giving! Unbelievable!! People really can be so special can’t they, what an amazing thing to have done. Mark, if you are reading this, I am so very grateful, your money will truly go towards us Helping Children Smile – thanks mate x

No comments:

Post a Comment