Friday 4 March 2011

Day 202 - Friday 4th March 2011

I shall not bore you today with the events of last night as I am sure you must be as bored hearing about my children not sleeping as I am dealing with it. All I will say is that despite best efforts from Sharon and I, I still ended up sleeping all alone in a childs bed again last night whilst my brood were comfortably warm in my bed – something is very wrong here!!

This mornings swim was seriously cold. The ice on the car windscreen was twice as thick as yesterday and the wind-chill was arctic! Walking down the beach was so cold that the only respite was actually getting into the water to warm up; and that was not exactly warm considering it has dropped once again, down to 4.1 degrees!! Seriously this weather needs to warm up soon. Big Bob, Bella and I did the swim as per yesterday; to the cafe, through to the other side and back again. For some reason I came over light headed as I was coming back around the cafe to our beach and the swim back to the shore was quite uncomfortable as my head was cloudy; it’s really not nice to be feeling “odd” so far out in a cold sea. By the time I got back to the beach, which was much quicker than it felt actually, I was quite relieved. Walking up the beach I found myself slightly wobbly and my right ear hurting.

A warm shower and a coffee at the Red Roaster put me back to normality. Chatting to Bob over coffee he said he also felt a bit unstable today; must be something in the air I guess!!

Anyhow, very happy to be dressed and at the office now! Gym this afternoon still on, but not yet sure if I will do a long pool swim as I have a busy meeting day and still not feeling exactly 100%. Lack of sleep, busy week at work, fairly heavy training and extreme cold is not a great mixture!

No comments:

Post a Comment