Tuesday 22 March 2011

Day 213 - Monday 21st March 2011

Todays blog is actually about yesterday and hopefully about this afternoon!

Yesterday, Sunday, was a day of fitness for the Starr's. I'll tell you about mine first as it's quicker and far less impressive than Sharon's (my wife for those not in the know!). As I knew I wouldn't be swimming today I did a decent training yesterday - all at home which was cool. Run on treadmill for 45 minutes level 10 incline 6.5. Then cross-trainer level 9 for 20 minutes. Then Vasa swim machine 12 minutes 676 metres. Then 1hr in endless pool; 35 degrees so slowly boiled! That was a decent all round training session.

Sharon, however, topped that! She did her first ever Triathlon!! Swim, Bike, Run. Flipping incredible! My wife is now a Triathlete - puts me to shame.

Now today - flew to Gibraltar for meetings from midday until around 5pm. I'm staying at the Rock Hotel, which is at the base of the "rock"; just begging me to run up it! I did it a couple of years ago, it's a tough run, but great. Hopefully the last meeting will finish on time and I'll go for it. I've got to be back at the airport at 9.30am tomorrow, so if I'm up in time I'll grab a swim or a run as well.

6pm report - finished meetings at 4pm, all were very positive. Hotel pool shut and weather cloudy; bummer! However, I did run from the bottom of the Rock all the way to the very top, getting some well done's along the way from tourists, and some curious looks from monkeys, then ran all the way back down; total time 47mins & 15 seconds - very pleased with that. Now sipping coffee along main street and deciding on which restuarant will have the pleasure of feeding me; eating all alone like Billy no mates!


1 comment:

  1. Well done to the triathlete, and who is the pilchard on the rock?

    ReplyDelete