Monday 7 March 2011

Day 203 - Monday 7th March 2011

I know I know I know, bored about hearing about the kids sleeping habits. All I’ll say is that by 4.20am this morning I was sitting on the side of the bed wondering if I would get more rest by going to the beach now and having a lie down! Enough said on that!

This morning the ice on the windscreen was thick enough for me to add a drop of Jack Daniels and enjoy a night out. The air temperature was therefore once again zero and the wind, although very little of it, was unwelcoming. The sky however was so blue and without cloud that one would be forgiven to think it was painted on; a truly beautiful start to the day and apparently indicative of the rest of the week – so that’s nice. All we now have to do is get the sea to agree to warm up a little and bobs your uncle!

The tide was low, which meant a nice painful walk out before it was deep enough to swim and the sea temperature was a standard 4.5 degrees as confirmed by my trusted Casio S1074DY1; or “watch” as it’s commonly known. Usual small crowd this morning and as per last week, I swam up, along & through the pier and bank to the each. It was so cold that my toes didn’t come back to life until just now; some two hours later – I won’t tell you about other parts of my body that still remain numb! The fact that someone has broken the main shower at the arch, leaving one dodgy shower between us all meant that a hot shower was not possible for longer than a few seconds – so thanks to whoever that was!!

After work today I plan a gym session at home, then tomorrow I have a 3 hr morning pool, followed by a 3pm gym session followed by an 8.30pm 90 minute pool session with Fiona & Bob. How the weeks just fly by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment