Tuesday 8 March 2011

Day 204 - Tuesday 8th March 2011

This morning I started the day in the pool rather than the sea as I need to rack up the hours still and until the sea turns up the heat it is down to the pool. I did a 7am – 10am in the outdoor pool at Falmer; 21 degrees in the water (nice!) and 1 degree in the air (bracing). Walking around the pool I slipped twice it was so icy on the ground! With a true blue sky and no clouds it was actually a pleasure to be there; although having dashed from the house at speed I forgot to eat anything first; silly when doing a big swim! I did take my bottles of water with maxim and also a flask of hot tea (first time trying that), but not having any food inside me did make it less comfortable that I would have liked; even a piece of toast would have helped.

I swam Ok for the first hour, but after that I was thinking a lot about a nice hot bacon sandwich on brown bread with mustard, which is exactly what I brought myself when driving back to the office at 10.30am!

Having now spent the rest of the day (2.30pm now) beavering away at work (trying to prioritise my work into urgent and not urgent, but failing miserably as it seems it’s all urgent) I am now dashing off to a meeting for 3pm, then at the gym at 4pm for an hour with my trainer, then home to get the kids into bed for 7pm then back to Falmer for an 8.30pm hour in the pool with Fiona and Bob on speed trials.

Then back home for 11pm and ready for the first of the dozen or so visits in the night from the twins.

I think two days lying by the pool with a book in the sun would do me the world of good! Somehow can’t see it happening though!

No comments:

Post a Comment