Wednesday 16 March 2011

Day 209 - Tuesday 15th March 2011

Started this morning with a sea swim with Bob. Once again cold, 5.5degrees, however, not as cold as it has been. The tide was pulling VERY strongly to the West, which means away from the pier. We therefore still did our same swim as we have been doing, but as you can imagine swimming to the pier against a strong tide is a pretty physical thing to do. We swam diagonally to the silver ball in the middle of the pier and then under the pier to the other side; this was definitely a battle of man against tide. However, once I got through the pier and took a sharp right hand turn to come back through it a little further down it was like being shot from a gun. The tide literally picked us up and wooshed us through. Probably was a 12 minute swim out through the pier and then a 5 minute swim all the way back to the beach. Gotta say I really really enjoyed it!

After work it was back home to domesticity duties as usual and then just as exhaustion was setting in I was back up at Falmer for my 8.30pm start. Only Bob and I tonight, but boy he pushed me hard. In the hour I think we did about 1½ miles; but at very quick pace. He is most definitely a hard task master; but it was needed and dare I say almost enjoyable! What is happening to me; am I actually starting to enjoy the pain!!

Tomorrow it’s a pool swim unfortunately as whilst I would love to be in the sea, Fiona my boss lady insists it pool pool pool.

No comments:

Post a Comment