Tuesday 20 September 2011

Day 338 - Monday 19th September 2011


Gonna try to keep my blogs short from now on as it seems I spend my time writing about my children’s sleep patterns more than my training!  So here we go, let’s see if I can stay to the point!


At the arch by 7.am and swam around the pier with Big Bob and James.  Coldish water, 13.6 degrees and I guess slightly choppy, but not excessive.  I did enter the sea very tired (not mentioning why I promise) and as such the swim was challenging from that point of view.  However I swam well and maintained a good speed the whole way.


After work I headed up to Falmer for an hour with Ross; back, shoulders, chest.  My right shoulder is slightly strained, I can really feel it pulling as I move.  So have booked in to see my physio Kim on Thursday – first session with Kim for months, so long overdue.  The body is a machine and needs to be MOT’d every now and then.


Trustees meeting tonight as almost ready to dish out some of the funds raised through Swim4Smiles.  Although I am swimming next year and will continue to fundraise for our projects, we did tell them originally that they could expect money this year.  Therefore on 28th October we give out the amount we have raised so far towards the £100,000 – the tally to date is around £65,000, so fantastic by all accounts.  Also going to choose our “Starr Scholar” ; the child who will get the £2,100 cheque to help them achieve their dream – very exciting.
A short(ish) bog!!

No comments:

Post a Comment