Monday 12 September 2011

Day 335 - Monday 12th September 2011

A nice weekend, devoid of exercise apart from massive bbq arms!  On saturday I did a BBQ for my Mums bday and cooked for 50 people; that is a lot of food turning and equal to at least one swim (ish!).  Then sunday afternoon I ironed two weeks worth of adult and kids clothes; again at least equal to one swim (ish).  So no real exercise, but fake exercise of sorts!

This morning it was back to it and in the sea by 7.15am.  A very windy morning indeed, following on from last week, however as it was low tide it meant that the waves simply couldn't get the height that they would liked to have had.  So it was a case of wave after wave having a go, but not really getting the bettre of us.  Bib Bob and I crashed and faught ou way through, doing 50 strokes at a time without a break and then being able to put our feet down for rest.  It felt like a "drop and give me 50" type swim.  The waves were pretty strong though and a couple of times I almost lost my goggles and also my swimming cap; it has to be pretty strong to rip a swimming cap from you.  I'm not sure what the temperature was, but I would guess that it was probably nearer 15 degrees today.

Afterwards we went and grabbed a coffee and then it was off to the office for a very busy day; paperwork and email galore.  After work I hit the streets and did a fairly long run, 16.6k to be exact, but in this wind it really felt a lot harder than usual.  Tomorrow it'll be another sea swim in the morning, then after work it's an hour with Ross in the gym and then hopefully an hour in the pool (I say hopefully as it's dependent on what time Sharon need's me home).  Tomorrow should be interesting as I've got a lunch meeting with Robin Cousins (ice skater) to talk about the Starr Trust; he's one of our patrons.  As for the rest of the week, it's going to be grabbing exercise when I can as I am in Burnley & Blackpool wednesday, then in Watford thursday and then in Cardiff friday.  I should be able to grab a morning swim thursday and then a gym in the evening, but no way wednesday or friday.  The time is fast approaching when I'll be back to my winter pool sessions; not a bad thing as I do need to start doing some long and fast swimming sessions again.

No comments:

Post a Comment