Thursday 1 September 2011

Day 325 - 31st August 2011 (last day of non existant summer)

No morning swim today as I had a meeting in Bath at 8.30am, which meant leaving home by 5.30am. Very interesting meeting and as usual always a surprise in store. I met with the board of House of Bath, a national home catalogue company. During the conversation one of the Directors asked me where I had driven from and I naturally told him Brighton. He said that he lived in Brighton for many years and still misses his morning sea swim by the pier!! It turns out that he has been sea swimming every morning for the past 40 years and never misses a morning; he is now in his 70’s and very sprightly. How random that I should drive all the way to Bath and be sitting around a board room with a fellow sea swimmer. As you may imagine, from that moment he was my biggest advocate during the meeting.

Having arrived back home after a 400 mile round trip I was ready to kick back with a cool drink and a good book; unfortunately Sharon had some friends around with their kids and also my in-laws were there, so a very busy, loud and excitable household. So bang went the idea of a peaceful time, instead I locked myself in the gym and ran on the treadmill for exactly an hour, then onto my swimming machine for 15 (long and hard) minutes and then 15 minutes on weights etc. By the time I left the gym in a pool of sweat the house was back to normal with just Sharon and my little monsters. Tomorrow morning back to the sea.

No comments:

Post a Comment