Friday 2 September 2011

Day 327 - Friday 2nd September 2011

1.05am – Jesse jumps into our bed
1.11am – Mi Jumps into our bed
1.20am – I take Jesse back and Sharon takes Mia back
1.40am - Mia returns.
1.50am – Sharon takes Mia back
2.10am – Jesse returns
2.11am – I take him back without letting him get into the bed. I end up sleeping on his floor until 3.00am to stop him screaming.
3.05am – As soon as I leave his room and go back to mine he returns! At this point I give up and he stays.
4.55am – Mia joins us back in bed. I get up as no room for me and I try to sleep at the bottom of the bed; try being the operative word.

6.30am – Sharon up and showering ready to take all 3 to school & nursery and I head out the door for the beach.

7.00am – In the sea on my own. A fantastic sea today, colder again at 15.2 degrees, but somehow doesn’t feel too cold. Extremely flat and a medium tide, so no long walk out and no apparent pull in any direction. I swam around the pier, passing Paul fishing at one stage and passing Big Bob and James at another stage. I headed around the pier, over to the next two buoys and then back in; about 50 minutes. It was probably one of the nicest swims I’ve have in months. The temperature felt fine, the sea was so very calm and the sky was just starting to show some nice blues. It was one of those rare days when the swim was just so nice that I was reluctant to come out. Back at the Arch is was nice to see Mike back from his 6 week trip to Alaska and it was fabulous to see Fiona; haven’t seen her in a couple of months as she been so busy with channel swimmers here and other swimmers abroad. It’s always a joy to see Fiona, she radiates positive swims.

11.50am – Squash with Jamie at Gym. Results 9/1 me, 9/3 me, 9/6 jamie, 9/4 me, 9/6 me – final result 4 / 1 to me – yey me!

12.40pm – Cool down with 40 lengths in outside pool

1.00pm – Straight after squash it was into the gym with Ross for an hour; not sure how I managed that as the squash and swim knackered me and I was sweating more than buckets; however nevertheless I managed an hour on shoulders, chest and abs

2.15pm – Back at my desk, hot tea and a bakewell tart in hand.
So that was two swims, squash and a gym today; not bad going after a somewhat restless night!

Might need to see Kim my physio sometime soon for a check up as plenty of aches going on!

No comments:

Post a Comment