Monday 5 September 2011

Day 329 - Sunday 4th September 2011

Kids stayed at my in-laws last night, an unexpected bonus. It meant that we did manage to get some sleep at last, very welcome indeed! Sharon had a family in the studio at 10am and the kids weren’t being dropped back to us until midday, so the opportunity for a Sunday swim was there and was taken eagerly. Unusual for me to swim everyday, usually I have a day off, but thought I may as well end the weekend on a high. At the arch by 10.00, no-one there, although I know that the early swimmers would have come and gone already and the later swimmers would be there just after I left; so I timed it nicely to be on my own. I swam once around the pier and back; rather choppy today and the sky threatening some very heavy rain. A bumpy swim all the way and very good exercise! Total swim about 25 mins and temperature in the sea 15.7 degrees; so increased despite the threat of troublesome weather.

Later in the day, after the heavy rain had gone, we took the kids bowling and then down the seafront to play in the park. The rain had stopped and the sun was out, but the wind was quite strong. The sea was really picking up with very big swells and rolling breakers. I have to say that I would have gone in if given the chance, but no way would have swum around the pier in that. Gotta know your limits.

No comments:

Post a Comment