Friday 27 January 2012

Swimming day 415 - Friday 27th January 2012


 
How exactly is one able to function with zero sleep; the body and the mind are incredible really that they allow us to continue.  Last night, after banishing Sharon to the spare room to get some sleep, I was faced with all three children.  Asher from 10.30pm with a very bad ear, Mia at 11.45pm feeling hot and unwell and Jesse at midnight just to not be left out.  By 3am, having taken Asher back and forth to my bed, his bed on my floor, his bed back in his room and so on, eventually Sharon came and got him and took him downstairs.  Throughout this time Mia was kept awake by all the comings and goings and she in turn was keeping Jesse awake.  By the time I got up exhausted at 6.50am I had had exactly zero sleep!  I probably should have skipped exercise, but the guilt in me got me up and drove me to Falmer for an hour in the outside pool.  In truth the hour was only about 40 minutes in the end as I did spend some time simply standing in the water and yawning. 
The swim was legs only today; flippers and a float and just up and down and up and down and up and down and up and down and yawn yawn yawn yawn………….
At the office now getting ready for a very interesting Starr Trust meeting that could be the biggest single development in the Trust since we started; very exciting - just need to stop yawning as that would be frightfully rude!!  Then it’s back to the office for normal work, then off to the Gym for an hour with Ross (might cancel that if the yawning continues!!)
Please children tonight give us a break!!!

1 comment:

  1. Bring them down for a relaxing sea swim, that will tire them out!

    ReplyDelete