Tuesday 3 January 2012

Swimming day 397 - Tuesday 3rd January 2012


What a start to the New Year!  Heavy rain, ridiculous (almost) hurricane winds and very gloomy; sounds more like a day in the houses of Parliament rather than the weather.
I did (rather stupidly) head down to the arch this morning at 7am.  I was hoping it would be a very low tide so that we could go in and have a workout against the elements.  But it wasn’t to be; it was a medium tide and as such way too much water to make it safe.  LB and Mike were already there and whilst a groin shower is often the order of the day, the wind was so fierce that just walking out to the groin would have been dangerous.  So it was straight to the office instead and a decent 7.20am start to the day.  I’ve a feeling the next couple of days may be the same.
After work today I’ve got training with Ross, 4pm, for an hour.  Then it’s back to the pool and some proper training.  I’m planning a 2 hr pool swim today; will be my first pool swim since June last year so may be a challenge to do 2 hrs, but I will try.  I need to spend the next 8 months really working on my swimming ready for our August relay channel swim and it has to start now; no excuses.  It’ll be more of a mental challenge for me at the moment, but once I get back into the routine I’m sure it’ll quickly become normal once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment