Wednesday 11 January 2012

Swimming day 403 - 11th January 2012


Today saw The return of Big Bob.
Sounds like a horror film, but far from it!  Very nice to see Bob back after a long break; and with Little Bob, Mike, Charlotte and Bella the sea was full of smiles.  Until we went in of course!  Actually whilst it was still cold, it was in fact a little up on earlier in the week (6.7 degrees instead of 6.3 degrees) and the air temperature was a stunning 9 degrees.  The sea was flat and it was a low tide; bring on the long cold painful walk.  With BB there it meant I actually swam and we stayed in for a whopping 12 minutes 42 seconds.  When you compare that to Damien and James yesterday apparently swimming around the pier it sounds a bit nothingness; however swimming around the pier in that temperature takes a much bigger (rotund terms) and braver man that I!!  At my speed and my weight I think swimming around the pier without a wetsuit would literally be suicidal.  I can imagine getting to the end of the pier quite easily and then swimming around the head of the pier with tired arms and my heart beating way too fast, but then the swim back down the side to the beach being undoable and me sinking fast.  I shall leave that to those bigger, braver and faster than I.

No comments:

Post a Comment