Monday 23 January 2012

Swimming day 410 - Friday 20th January 2012


A short swim this morning; in fact not a swim at all, just a short soaking.  The wind was up once again which meant a trip to the girly beach.  Just the usual seven of us (seems to be that way at the moment).  Big Bob and Mike went straight in, but the time it took me to pull down my goggles and join them made a massive difference; the milliseconds was enough for the sea to produce some monsters again.  It never fails to amaze me that the sea can change its mood in a millisecond; I am sure in my youth I dated a few girls who did just the same.
As it was I was left standing on the beach with the others just trying to find a way in and not succeeding; however that didn’t keep me dry as the waves somehow kept finding me.  Every time I turned my back a wave came at me, it was almost like a game that the sea had invested – Rob’s the moving duck, le’s see if we can shoot him!
Having seen Bob and Mike safely exit the sea, it was a quick shower for me and then in the car and up to Middlesex for the long day of meetings.  Then back to Brighton for 5.30pm and straight to the gym for an hour with Ross, then half hour in the pool, then dash home for just after 7pm so Sharon can go out as she is rehearsing tonight. 
No rest for the very wicked it seems.

No comments:

Post a Comment