Monday 16 January 2012

Swimming day 406 - Monday 16th January 2012


Another cold week just gone; air temp in the morning around zero.  I didn’t do any exercise Saturday, unless one counts shopping with the lady wife in town for 6 hours.  However Sunday I hit the streets and did a 12 mile (just over) run, including two rather large hills, in 1 hr 49 mins.  Not a tremendous time, but still a half marathon run on a cold Sunday morning is not a bad effort I suppose. 
This morning, with slightly achy legs, I left the relative warm & comfort of the arch with my little crowd of 7 and headed down to the sea.  The air temperature was registering blooming cold (thick ice on the windscreen kind of cold) and the sea was a low of just 5.2 degrees; another massive leap down.  The tide was mid in so it meant no long walk, but boy of boy it meant a rude awakening.  The sea was calm, which was something I suppose, and Big Bob and I headed straight to the pier, then under the other side, then back around and back to base.  Total time about 12 minutes and in that time I lost feeling in my hands and feet, other than feeling bad of course.  In fact my feet didn’t stop hurting until about 9.30am!  I looked like I was doing a hop scotch on the way to the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment