Thursday 24 November 2011

Swimming day 376 - Thursday 24th November 2011


                                                 Palace Pier 24/11/11 from the sea 7.05am

I took my camera along this morning to capture the sun rise we witnessed yesterday, but the sun stubbornly refused to rise.  Of course that’s not true otherwise we’d be living in Spitsbergen, however the mist/fog wasn’t there for atmosphere and the sun rise was not really noticeable.
I did however drop my camera near the shore on the way back and it took a wonderful photo itself of the stones on the sea floor whilst a wave was turning around them.  One of those wonderful photos you couldn’t take if you tried to.



The sea this morning was very bumpy, unlike the last few days and the temperature was 9.8 once again.  The bumpiness made it a harder swim and annoyingly I swallowed water three times in a row and was almost sick; sometimes the waves are just too random for you to understand and you end up taking water on board – not nice.  Big Bob and I did the usual swim we’ve been doing, but had to work harder due to the conditions.  Total swim 24 minutes.  
                                                  Big Bob under pier (7.15am 24/11/11  9.8 degrees)
 Last night I did 45 minutes in my gym at home (running, swim machine, core and weights) and I did feel it in the swim today.  No more exercise planned for today, but am hoping to do a pier swim tomorrow if the sea is flat and then a gym after work.

No comments:

Post a Comment