Tuesday 8 November 2011

Swimming Day 364 - Tuesday 8th November 2011


Monday came and went and I never made it to the sea.  I was at the office at 6.00am and then in London by 8.30am and didn't get back to Brighton until 6.30pm and it was then straight home to see the kids and then into the gym at home for a pointless 30 minutes - pointless because I put in less than no effort and was on the running machine with droopy eyes
                                           
Tuesday (today) however was a much better start; at the arch by 7.00am and in the sea by 7.15am.  Big Bob, Paul and Moi swam around the pier.  Yvo, Damien and David did the same a bit before us and Alex and Paul Smith a little after.  So that was 8 of us all swimming around the pier before work in November - pretty impressive stuff in this weather.  The air temperature definitely has dropped and it was spitty rain; so the sea was definitely down once again.  I never checked the sea temp, but I would guess low 11s.  You could really feel the difference today and we almost didn't go around, but buy the time you were into the swim and near the end of the pier you definitely warmed up enough to keep going; up to then though I really felt the cold in my breathing.

I wonder how long it will be before it'll be too cold again to swim around the pier; not looking forward to it as it will mean short sea swims followed by long pool swims. It's almost seems impossible that I'm now into my second winter of training!

No comments:

Post a Comment