Wednesday 23 November 2011

Swimming day 375 - Wednesday 23rd November 2011


I so should have had my camera with me at the beach this morning.  
Coming back from our swim, literally standing in the sea by the shore with the sea up to my chest, we watched the Sun rising in the east with the pier between us and it.  It was so quick to watch as the sun started its climb seemingly from beneath the ocean until it was a full round ball of light against the backdrop of the crisscross of the piers legs.  It really was an incredible site to see first thing in the morning.
The swim itself was the same as yesterday; Big Bob and I heading through the pier just after the silver ball and then coming back through by the café and straight over to the groin the other end of our beach and then back again to the middle to collect our crocs.  Damien, Big James and Paul F all went around the pier, whilst David and Shoichi did a similar swim to Bob and I.  In fact coming back around the pier, swimming whilst day dreaming, I swam right into David!  Considering he is 70 something and finds even walking difficult, he is a damn good swimmer and extremely tough.  He just shrugged off the collision, made a joke of it and carried on; an amazing chap by all accounts.
Sea temperature down again to 9.8 degrees, air temperature down to 6 degrees (although climbing back up to 15 by the end of the day apparently), fog covering most of the pier and a very weak tide to the east.  Cold for sure, however the sun rise was certainly enough to warm up your spirits.
I will try to remember to take my camera tomorrow and hope for a similar sighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment