Thursday 10 November 2011

Swimming Day 367 - Thursday 10th November 2011


Woke up at 5am and lied there contemplating the swim that was to come.  My arms, legs and neck were aching from a very tough gym session with Ross last night and from the beating I got from Mia all through the night as her arms and legs lashed into me as she once again found her way into our room and spent the night spinning around as only sleeping children are able to.
After yesterdays swim I was determined that today I would simply swim around in short circles near the beach and leave the pier swim to those much more hardened swimming professionals that I now consider to be my friends.  Of course the best laid plans………
Damien, David and Yvo headed out to go around the pier, leaving Big Bob and I contemplating our swim; Bob certainly wanted to head around the pier, only I was feeling the nerves.  So we agreed to head out and just see where we ended up; of course we ended up going all the way out and around again.  It was actually so much easier today because even though the temperature as the same as yesterday, the sea itself was calm.  Not exactly a mill pond, but the waves that were there were quite friendly and there was a decent tide giving us a helping hand on the way back.
10th November and still swimming around the pier is quite an achievement so I feel happy that I followed Bob out into the ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment