Friday 26 August 2011

Day 323 - 26th August 2011

Are you sure it’s summer? Air temperature 14 degrees, sea temperature 16 degrees, raining and dark and it’s 7am. How could it possibly be summer? My calendar tells me it’s 26th August, but maybe it’s wrong? Or maybe it’s just England!

Still feeling achy in the shoulders from the gym session with Ross on Wednesday, so couldn’t swim at great speeds today. Despite the rain and the darkness, the sea was very flat today and the tide was in mid turning point so it was very still as well. A steady 25 minute swim out and around the pier with James; very enjoyable in fact. Half way around we swam past Paul (one of my relay team) who was doing a spot of leisurely fishing out around the head of the pier; by the looks of things he was a fish magnet this morning. After my shower, it was a fond farewell to LB & L for their holiday and then off to the office. Driving back I thought I had a piece of hair in my mouth, something just annoying that I couldn’t find. On inspection in the mirror I managed to see it and out came the smallest piece of seaweed – now that it definitely not the sort of breakfast I want to be having before work; yuk!

Working now until lunch time then off to the gym for a game of squash with Jamie; should be fun, but I’m not holding out any real hope of winning. Maybe one or two gams would be good to win though; if just for my ego!

No comments:

Post a Comment