Tuesday 16 August 2011

Day 316 - 16th August 2011

A miracle indeed!! My leg was pain free all night and here I am 5.30pm and still no pain today. It’s such an odd illness; never know when it’s going to come or going to go, but come and go it does. A great relief though all the same. Not such a miracle with the Twins, but only 3 visits in the night, so not so bad. It meant that I did manage a decent 2-3 hour sleep last night, which at the moment is extremely welcome.

The sea this morning was very choppy; lots of bounce and lots of face slapping waves. I went around the pier again with Damien and also was pleased to see Big Bob back at the arch and also my relay buddy Alex. These conditions strangely enough are better for me than the calm ones. Yesterday in the calm sea Damien was ahead of me comfortably swimming around the pier, but today I was waiting for him; he was not loving it at all. I seem to find that a very calm sea doesn’t challenge me and as such whilst I push myself I only push so far. However a rough sea makes me work a lot harder and as such I push myself well beyond what the sea demands of me. Also I seem to be able to find the movement of the sea in my favour, grabbing the waves that go in and making sure I benefit from the tide movements; whilst in a flat sea I’ve nothing but myself for propulsion.

The temperature again was down, 15.6 degrees today!

I was meant to be at the gym today with Ross and also doing a run, but as my leg was 100% fine I thought I’d give it a day off to recover fully; so I’m doing both tomorrow instead. I get a feeling that Ross will beat me up with the weights as punishment for not seeing me for a week; oh well, it’ll do me good in the long run!

No comments:

Post a Comment