Thursday 18 August 2011

Day 318 - 18th August 2011

Another night and day when my leg hasn’t hurt. Last night, despite the Twins popping in a few times, I did get some sleep which has been helpful to say the least. Although I did have a very vivid swimming anxiety dream last night;

"I was at a hotel, almost castle like, looking out the window and the sea was right outside and the waves were massive, way above the height of the hotel, but they were all travelling sideways. I looked down and could see two people in the sea, not yet caught in the waves and they were looking up at me and yelling. I couldn’t make out if they were calling for help or waving and enjoying themselves. I didn’t know what to do; should I jump in from the window and help them, should I shut the window and ignore it, then I woke up. Weird "

Anyhow back to real life, I was at the arch in real life by 6.45am and did a quick 18 minute swim around the pier. It was flat up the pier, the choppy around the head. The air certainly felt like it could kick up a storm any time so I was happy to do a quick swim and come out; just in case my dream came true!!
Lunchtime I played Squash with Jon; first game of squash in 6 long years! Considering so many years off from it I was pleased that I got between 4-6 points every game; even though he beat me nine to nil. In previous years when we played a lot he would always beat me, but I would always get two or three games. Definitely going to try to get a game in every couple of weeks; fantastic cardio workout, massive sweat and great aggression remover. Not sure if it directly helps my swimming training, but I figure all exercise is a good thing and as long as I don’t injure myself it can only help with my general fitness.

Hopefully tonight no crazy dreams, just dreams of lovely flowers in a lovely field and a glass of cold wine; so sweet!!

No comments:

Post a Comment