Monday 15 August 2011

Day 315 - Monday 15th August 2011

Between the Twins and my leg I simply have no idea how I will ever get to grab some sleep at night; impossible. My leg has been have been a constant pain now for a few days, last night being almost (not quite) unbearable. I am hoping, as has happened before, that the pain will just build up as it has, and then will simply go away as if it had never been there. It’s done that a few times so no reason to think it won’t be the same now. As for the Twins not sleeping, perhaps in 16 years that will change!!

This morning, with eyes half closed, I headed to the beach at 6.30. The sky was nicely blue, the sea was perfectly flat and on a low tide and the arch was full of nicely spirited people – Damien, Paul, Little Bob, Mark, David, Martina, Charlotte, Leo, Evo; a veritable morning party. Damien and I swam around the pier together stopping for a nice catch up chat at the head, before a gentle swim back. Not necessarily great in terms of training, but just what the doctor would order on a Monday morning (if I bothered to call one). Sea temperature cold of course at 16.5 degrees.

No other exercise today as in the office until 1 ish and then of to London for afternoon meetings; getting home around 8pm. Tomorrow though I’ll do a bigger sea swim and then (leg permitting) and hour in the gym with Ross and a short 5k run afterwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment