Sunday 14 August 2011

Day 314 - Sunday 14th August 2011

Whilst the run Friday didn’t affect my rheumatism problems, it has to be said that it didn’t help either. Last night the electric shocks were in my leg most of the night and also my thigh was literally throbbing constantly; so badly that for the first time in around 3 years I took one of my rheumatism pills! I’m not sure if the pill worked or not or if the condition was just playing around again but this morning when I got up it was fine. My legs and hips however were aching from the Friday run so I thought I’d try to stretch them out with a run and as such at 8am did a steady 30 minute 5k run; around hove park, along goldstone crescent, up king george v, down dyke road and home; as it happens unlike a hair of the dig after a night on the town, a run after a previous run doesn’t take the ache away! It also doesn’t stop the rheumatism; my leg this afternoon has been really bad again. A constant throbbing and more shooting pains. I probably should take another pill, but I really don’t want to go down the medication rout again so I shall instead be a martyr to it and suffer in relative silence!

Tomorrow an early morning sea swim will do the job as it usually takes away the pain; I seriously hope it does as it can be very draining on the body and the mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment