Wednesday 17 August 2011

Day 318 - 16th August 2011


Another night with no leg pains, so happy now that it has settled down. The last few days had clearly exhausted me though as I got home from work at about 6.30pm and by 9pm I was asleep; not like me at all. In fact I was so tired that even when the twins both came in during the night I knew they were there but I couldn’t get up to help Sharon take them back. Exhaustion is a tiring thing!

Whilst I was still tired at 5.45am I managed to roll out of bed, without disturbing Mia who had somehow snuck back in. After a lethargic shave and slow dress I was in the car at 6.20am and at the arch at 6.35am, 10 minutes later I was walking down the beach towards a very calm sea. A few small waves were breaking at the shore, but the sea was flat and the tide was pulling slowly to the West. I swam under the pier towards the East (marina) and went as far as the fifth buoy, probably just over a mile, then turned around and swam back, around the pier and into shore. Total time just under an hour, total distance probably just over 2 miles.

Back at the arch a few others were there, Little Bob, Alex, David, Bella to name a few; then in came Big Bob with a painful limp. He’d gone around the pier just fine, but when he was a few metres form shore he was walking back in and stepped on a weaver fish! Ouch!! Foot in a bowl of boiling water seems to be the only way to deal with it; a painful start to his day. I wonder what the weaver fish has to do to get rid of the pain from being trodden on! Not something I’ve experienced and hopefully not something I will experience!

Of to the gym at lunchtime; expecting Ross to make it a hard one; hopefully by then I will be fully awake and raring to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment