Wednesday 3 August 2011

Day 307 - 2nd August 2011

A very early start at work today so no time for a morning swim, which is always a great shame. A very sticky hot day, even though the sun wasn’t exactly breaking through the clouds. Meetings pretty much all day and then up to the gym for an hour with Ross at 3.00pm; shoulders, chest and legs; exhausting! Afterwards I headed straight down to my beach, getting there about 4.15pm and despite the hard workout I was really looking forward to it. My beach was extremely busy with holidaymakers; don’t they realise this is a private beach! Or maybe I don’t realise it isn’t!! Funny how one can get very territorial about something like a beach. After making my way through the crowds I jumped straight into the very calm and very clear sea and headed out around the buoys and then around the pier. Twenty two minutes later I was heading back to shore, but really not ready to, so instead I turned around and went around the pier once more. After the second time around I really could have gone a third, but the time was moving on and I really needed to get home, so reluctantly I headed back up the beach and scowled at those lounging on my beach!

Swimming in the afternoon can be a real pleasure though as the sea has had all day to warm up and as such was around 17.5 degrees and as it is nearing the end of the day you’ve still got some energy levels in reserve. If work would allow I would certainly do more of this.

No comments:

Post a Comment