Thursday 31 May 2012

Swimming day 493 - Thursday 31st May 2012


Tomorrow is 50% of the year gone already; I’m not sure whether it was stolen or just vanished, but I do know that somehow it feels like I missed it! 
Back to the sea this morning; with aching arms from yesterday’s pool beating and all the other swimming and gyming from the week so far.  Last night after I got the kids to bed I picked up my Sax and my Clarinet for a very quiet play.  Having not played either for well over a year it was funny to feel them in my hands again; what however was even weirder was that my shoulders seemed to be so stiff from all the exercise this week that I found it hard to actually hold them correctly without my shoulders bunching up.  I think perhaps it’s time for a massage! (also some music lessons if last nights notes were anything to go by!!!!)
This morning the sea was back to being choppy after its recent laziness.  It wasn’t exactly rough, but it was definitely bouncy and the tide was pulling hard to the West whilst we of course were swimming to the East.  We got around the Pier in decent time, rather bashed about and tired, but pleased to have done it.  It’s quite something actually when you think about the fact that we swam non stop from the beach all around the pier, back under it and back to the beach; no stopping, bashed about by the waves and pulled by the tide; and all before 7.45am.  I’m not bigging us up or anything as there are plenty of people I am sure who do so much more, but it certainly feels like an achievement.

No comments:

Post a Comment