Friday 25 May 2012

Swimming day 489 - Friday 25th May 2012





And it gets better and better; the weather that is.
A proper summers day at last, just what we have been looking for and please please many more like it.  Despite the beautiful weather the arch was quiet when I got there at 6.40am; in fact just me – can’t get much more quiet than that.  By 7am Big Bob was there, as were LB, Mike, Dr Sean, David, Lindy, Bella, Paula and Paul Smith; not a full house, but a nice one.  Paula, who hasn’t been around the pier in ages, decided to join Bob and I this morning as she was nervous about going around after so many months – always better in numbers If one feels nervous.  Considering she is quite slight of frame and swims just backstroke, albeit with flippers, she was hard to keep up with.  So our usual “Easy Friday” swim turned into more of a swim that expected.  Chasing the gorgeous Paula around the pier however was a pleasure not a chore for both Bob and I; so we didn’t complain – certainly beats chasing each other I can tell you!  The sea was flat up to the pier head, but got quite chopps and splashy going around and down and back through.  Completely wonderful start to the day though all the same.
Sadly I couldn’t join Bob and the boys for my Friday at the Red Roaster as Mia was sick last night and I had to get home to look after her whilst Sharon dropped the boys to school.  I have to say that missing my Friday coffee with the Boys actually dampened my mood a little and even with the sun shining I was less happy that usual when I got to work.  However as the day has gone on all is bright and happy again and I shall head of to the gym after work for an hour with Ross, then will grab 30 minutes in the outside pool before heading home for the star of a beautiful weekend.
All is good in the world (if one allows it to be !)

No comments:

Post a Comment